We always welcome your tax-deductible donation to The Women’s Center, Inc. By donating to our Annual Fund, you help support our current programs and services.
Women’s Center Donation Form: Website donation form 3.18
Help ensure that our programs stay strong by sponsoring a resident at Harbor House (HH)
- Food for 1 client/week $55.00
- Food for 1 mom/dad & 2 children at HH/week $160.00
- Total cost for 1 client for 1 night $12.50
- Total cost for 1 client for 1 week $87.50
- Total cost for 1 mom/dad & 2 children/night $36.30
- Total cost for 1 mom/dad & 2 children/1 week $254.10
State and federal funding covers two-thirds of the annual operating costs including all of the programs and staff who provide direct client services. None of that funding though is used to cover costs of having Harbor House, marketing our services, educational materials, or the offices in Marquette or Munising for domestic and sexual violence crisis support and advocacy.
This is paid through individual and corporate donations, community grants, third party fundraisers, Women’s Center, Inc. annual fundraisers, and our through revenue that is generated from our resale shop, Pak Ratz.
- Harbor House is the only DV and SA shelter for Alger and Marquette Counties. It shelters over 120 women, men and children each year.
- It is our community’s role to ensure we have a shelter so that women and men know they, and their children, will be safe while they work at changing their lives for the better.
Ways You, Your Business, Service Club, Church or Organization Can Help:
- Contribute financially to the general need of the organization
- Adopt the utility bills for a month, quarter or year.
- Purchase food, personal care items or household supplies for Harbor House.
- Adopt the mortgage payment for a month, quarter or year
- Adopt or finance a maintenance project
- Adopt advertising costs to promote program services or Pak Ratz Resale Shop (examples of how these funds help survivors include: medical and prescription co-pays, dental co-pays, gas cards, bus tickets, new glasses, school supplies, infant and children’s supplies)
Donations to Harbor House:
We always welcome donations to support Harbor House, our domestic violence shelter. The Harbor House Domestic Violence Shelter is the only emergency shelter in Marquette and Alger Counties for survivors and children fleeing abusive homes. The shelter is always open, always staffed and always ready to help survivors and children in need of safety and access to services.
Harbor House provides individual and support group counseling and supportive advocacy services to survivors staying in shelter. Harbor House also provides services to survivors and children that are not residing in shelter through outreach program services. Advocates work closely with survivors and their children to develop a safety plan.
Please consider a donation to help pay the costs of operating Harbor House Shelter.
Your donation can be used for household items, food, utilities or to help pay the mortgage.
Women’s Center, Inc. and Harbor House Needs List
Imagine if you had 12 guests in your house daily in which to feed meals and nutritious snacks, provide safe and clean sleeping, bathing, and laundry facilities.
We are always in need of:
- Toilet Paper Paper Towels Dishwasher soap
- 13 gal trash bags Marquette City trash bags
- Misc. cleaning supplies Quart/gallon freezer/storage bags
- Fabric softener sheets Laundry soap Disinfectant wipes/spray
- Hygiene supplies (soap, shampoo, deodorant)
- Canned goods for our shelter and outreach client’s pantry
Donated items can be dropped off at the Women’s Center office in Marquette or in Munising.
Download the one page donation form by clicking here
Planned Giving clicking here
Continue a Lifetime of Support to the Women’s Center, Inc.
You don’t have to be Bill Gates for your giving to make a difference in this world. One great way to help, that far too few of us do, is to remember the Women’s Center, Inc. in a will or as a beneficiary. Your support each year means our community has a safe harbor for and gives hope to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Simple bequests and other gifts that come to us when you pass truly help ensure we’ll be here for those who desperately need us.
Gifts Through Bequest – Remembering the Women’s Center in your will is as easy as making your wishes known: “I leave $2,500 to support the Women’s Center, 1310 S Front St, Marquette, MI 49855.”
Gifts In Other Ways – Name the Women’s Center as beneficiary of retirement plans, insurance policies or stock: “I leave 500 shares of ABC Company to the Women’s Center, 1310 S Front St, Marquette, MI 49855.”
In order to make a bequest, you should speak with your attorney. Your attorney can help you include a bequest to the Women’s Center Inc. in your estate plan.
Please support the Women’s Center, Inc.’s mission well into the future.
Checks can be mailed to:
1310 S. Front Street
Marquette, MI 49855