Why You Should Be Shopping At PakRatz
If you haven’t discovered PakRatz ReSale Shop in Marquette yet, you are missing an Upper Michigan gem. Conveniently located near the shores of Lake Superior at 1310 S. Front St, PakRatz features a spacious showroom and ample parking. It is a favorite stop among locals and out-of-towners alike.
PakRatz receives fresh inventory almost daily and is excellent at keeping the merchandise timely – which allows for some awesome end-of-season clearance sales! The best part? All proceeds from PakRatz support the mission of The Women’s Center.
Here’s the kind of gently used items you can expect to find during your visit to PakRatz:
- Women’s Clothing
- Men’s Clothing
- Children’s Clothing
- Decorative Items
…and much more!
They even have a special boutique section for name brand finds. Current Women’s Center board member, JoAnne Garrow, notes she often goes a bit early to board meetings so she can take a peek at what’s new. “I love coats, so I’m often looking for a unique one to buy just before winter,” says Garrow.
When you shop at PakRatz, you are not only getting a good deal, you are supporting your community and a great cause to boot! Revenue generated from the PakRatz Resale Shop is reinvested into The Women’s Center’s endeavors. Shopping and helping make your community a better place — it’s a perfect combination.
For more than 45 years, The Women’s Center has been supporting victims/survivors of domestic and sexual violence in Alger and Marquette counties through programs that:
- The Women’s Center provides 24/7 acute intervention services. They operate Harbor House, the only safe house of its kind in Marquette and Alger counties. They also provide assistance to women seeking Personal Protection Orders (PPO).
- Education is provided to victims/survivors regarding their rights and the services available to them. It also educates the public about the prevalence and danger of domestic and sexual violence in our community.
- Our professionals offer court support and provide judicial officers with information on resources when possible.
- Trained staff answer questions on our 24/7 call line. Additionally, one-on-one and group counseling is provided by The Women’s Center.
- The Women’s Center strives to empower all victims/survivors of domestic and sexual violence in our community through education and awareness.
So, the next time you are doing a bit of spring cleaning or looking for a new pair of jeans, stop by PakRatz. They are doing great things!