Sexual Assault Services
Sexual assault takes many forms including rape or attempted rape, as well as any unwanted or unlawful sexual contact or threats. A sexual assault occurs when someone touches any part of another person’s body in a sexual way, even through clothes, without that person’s consent—or when that person is unable to consent due to age or incapacity.
Women’s Center programs offer immediate support to survivors at emergency rooms or through our 24-hour help line; specially-trained, professional crisis counseling staff; advocacy on behalf of the survivor; and support groups for women, teens, men and family members of survivors.
Survivors of sexual assault experience a wide range of reactions. Some survivors say that after the assault their emotions go from one extreme to another. It is important for you to know that what you are feeling and thinking right now is okay. And that it is important to talk to someone you trust about what happened and how you feel—you are not alone.
- Crisis intervention
- Free individual face-to-face or phone crisis counseling & therapy
- Support groups for women survivors of sexual trauma
- Supportive advocacy services
- Information and referrals to supporting organizations and law enforcement agencies
- Referrals for child and adult survivors of sexual assault including rape, childhood sexual abuse, survivors of incest, and sexual harassment or stalking,
Services are Free
The Women’s Center provides free, confidential counseling for any survivor of sexual abuse and/or sexual assault, regardless of age or when the assault occurred. We are here to help.
“I am so thankful for the Women’s Center helping me through this and the trial. I would not have done it otherwise.”
-Sexual Assault Survivor
Computer use can be monitored and is difficult to hide. If you are in an unsafe relationship or danger, please use a public computer.
For information, call the Women’s Center’s main office at (906) 225-1346.
24-hour help and information line. Callers can receive immediate assistance
- Local help/support: (906) 226-6611
- Long distance help/support: (800) 455-6611
- Or Text (906) 356-3337